A-Z Blog Challenge: Q
Quark simply means curd in German - so this is definitely 'good stuff', delicious in fact! Soft, white, un-ripened, cow's milk cheese with the texture and flavour of sour cream. Low-fat quark has a richer texture than low-fat sour cream and a milder flavour and richer texture than low-fat yoghurt.
Rose's Sweet n' Spicy Dip
- 380gm Quark - available from The Cheese Barn
- Sweet Chilli sauce - The Squeezable bottle makes my life easier. Use enough for your personal taste
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning - available from most supermarkets
- finely diced spring onion for additional flavour
- Combine together in a bowl, saving some spring onions back for a garnish
- Spoon into small dip bowls, top with garnish and place in fridge.
- Best to make this a few hours in advance so the flavours meld together and taste is enhanced.
- Stir once before serving to loosen, and serve with dipping platter of various things - corn chips, chips, carrot sticks, celery sticks.... they all work brilliant with this dip.