A-Z Blog Challenge: Y
Yoghurt has to be my all-time favourite dairy product. I love it! There are many culinary uses, both dessert and savoury, but my favourite is a simple dessert of Yoghurt, coffee, and Gingernut biscuits - delicious!
My all time favourite dessert is economical, quick to make, and perfect for children to prepare.
Recipe: Rose's Yoghurt Tiramisu - serves 6
- 1 kilo Greek Yoghurt - I make my own Mango flavoured thick Greek-style in a yoghurt maker. But a processed ready-made sweet thick Greek yoghurt will work too.
- 3/4 cup strong coffee - espresso strength.
- 1 packet Griffins Gingernuts - spicy ginger biscuits ( cookies) perfect for dunking into coffee.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons yoghurt into 6 tumbler glasses - lightly shake/bang glass to level out yoghurt
- Dunk 1 x biscuit in coffee then place on top of yoghurt
- Dunk another biscuit place on top of first one - now you have 2 biscuits on top of yoghurt
- Place another 4 tablespoons yoghurt on top of biscuits - forming delicious layers
- Place 1 x biscuit on top of the yoghurt then press in lightly - so yoghurt forms a ring around the middle of the biscuit
- Spoon 2 -3 tablespoons of coffee onto the exposed biscuit
- Place in the fridge at least 4 hours - overnight works best so the biscuits soak up the flavours and soften into a delectable 'cake' mixture and the yoghurt forms a delicious 'cheesecake' style dessert.