Rose’s Sweet Chicken Drums
Serves: 4+ Cooking Time: 1.5-2 hours Cost: 10.00
A platter of these delicious chicken drums will go down a treat at your next party!
- Rose's Easy one minute, 3 ingredient Marinade!
- 4 heaped tablespoons of any flavoured marmalade, add 100ml warm water and form a syrupy mixture
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Marinade drums for at least an hour - better overnight in the fridge if possible.
- 2-3 drums p/p ~ a pack of 10-12 drumsticks is ideal
- Loosen the orange marmalade with a little warm water to form a syrup.
- Mix in the ginger.
- Put drumsticks into a strong sealable bag and pour in ½ the marinade mixture. Save the other half for basting during the cooking process.
- Line a fry pan with baking paper – easy clean-up, saves a massive mess!
- Put pan on a slow/medium heat – slow cooking enhances the flavour and the stove top makes for easy basting.
- Place drums in the pan and pour in any juices left in the bag – too good to waste! Cover loosely with foil – do not seal! Leave room at sides of pan for steam to escape.
- Cook for at least 2 hours turning regular and basting, brushing the remaining mixture onto the drums every fifteen minutes. Once the mixture is used up, baste with the juices in the pan.
- Once cooked thoroughly, transfer to platter and serve warm.
Fantastic finger food, messy but oh-sooo delicious at a barbecue or picnic! Great easy platter to share with friends – no fuss cooking for a fabulous result!
Photo will come next time - forgot to take one when I made them, silly me!