Rose's Easiest Pasta Meal Ever!
Cheap as Chips... Ever hear that expression? Well, I would say this meal fits it perfectly. Not only is is cheap, (just 2 ingredients), but it is plate-licking delicious and best of all - it takes about 7 minutes from pot to table. Oh, another bonus - it's all done in one pot. Yahoo, less dishes!!
Here we go:
Ingredients: 2 -3 ingredients - honestly, it couldn't be easier!
1 x tub of Country Goodness dip: there are 3 flavours but my favourite is Green Onion. Cost = $3.00
- Fill and boil electric jug - It makes sense; It is quicker and takes less power to boil water in the jug.
- Pour boiling water into a medium sized saucepan and add pasta.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes. Check texture of the pasta. Don't overcook it!
- Cook pasta Al dente - easy way to check is to try a piece. You should be able to bite through, slight resistance in the centre when the pasta is chewed. Cooked so as to be firm, but not hard.
- Drain pasta and return it to the stove. Turn heat right down to lowest setting. Just enough to keep hot.
- Take foil off tub of dip and stir with a fork to loosen it up. Add to pasta and work it through to create a creamy pasta and sauce mixture.
- Serve and Garnish each serving with chopped spring onion.
Simply yet delicious, this meal can be cooked and served in the time it takes to order and collect a takeaway - and it can be done for $5. I really hope you will give this one a go - it is sooo delicious and kids love it too!