"Best steak ever..!" My husband's words were music to my earsBut I can't take all the credit...I have to share the accolades with Sam's Butcher, Silverdale
That is where I purchased a large piece of aged steak for just over $5 for Stan. It was top quality and I have to echo Stan's words after I had a little taste - it is, without doubt, the best steak I have ever had too!
Really, that large steak would have done 2 people, but Stan had the munchies and scoffed the lot!
I like to think of it as a compliment to the chef :)
So if you want a melt-in-the-mouth restaurant quality Steak - seriously - go to:
Sam's Butcher, Silverdale (beside Fruit World, Silverdale ) website: Sam's Butcher
Steak Cooking Secrets:
For the PERFECT Medium Rare steak.1. Season steak just before you fry it with salt and pepper to taste
2. Getting your pan hot before you put your steak in - Once your pan is hot use Dot's cooking spray then place steak in the pan.
3. Once you place your steak in the pan - LEAVE IT ALONE! Don't turn it for at least 5 -7 minutes, longer if the steak is very thick. Leaving it alone gets you that delicious brown that tastes sooo good. It lets the steak fry evenly and beautifully on that side.
4. Turn the steak over and let fry for approximately half the time you fried the first side for. I usually leave it 3-5 minutes
5. Remove steak from the pan and let the steak rest for at least 3-5 minutes! Really Important!!
I usually have a piece of non-stick foil ready and I wrap the steak up in it to keep it hot.
6. Tip - This is the way you make the sauce - easy as and sooo delicious!!!
While the steak is resting, put about 1/4 cup of water into the hot pan you have just removed the steak from. It will bubble and froth up loosening all those yummy brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add a teaspoon of butter, stir to melt the butter into the mix. You are done - couldn't be easier, right!
If you like your steak done Rare - simply cook it for less time.
If you want it Well Done - Cook it for longer
The perfect Steak is easily achieved with minimum fuss and eaten with the greatest of pleasure... ☺
Cook some Best Ever chunky chips while you cook your steak then brown them while your steak rests.
Share your favourite Steak Sauce partner - HP, Lea & Perrins, ...
What's your steak Sauce Favourite...?