Serves: 4 (with rice or as a snack) Cooking Time: 7 minutes Cost: $3
- Easy to make!
- Absolutely delicious!
- Perfect for fried rice or an Asian style salad
1. For this you need a hot pan – so pop it on first to heat up.
2. LINE it with BAKING Paper – that is the best stuff ever!
3. Make up a seasoned omelette mixture -3 eggs ( large) or 4 small in a bowl – mix with a fork Add a pinch of salt and pepper, ¼ teaspoon of curry powder and onion stock - if you don’t have onion stock use something similar. Mix in with fork.
4. Pour mix over paper in heated pan.
5. Leave to cook UNCOVERED - till set – about 5-7 minutes
6. Then simply lift the paper out with the mix on – NO MESS!
7. Using a knife cut the egg while on the paper. In half, then quarters, then in ribbons ( strips) whatever length you want.
8. Add to fried rice, warm salads or serve as a tasty side dish
Egg Fried Rice
Serves: 4 Cooking Time: 10 minutes Cost: $7
1. Cook egg mixture as above, cut into strips then set aside
2. Cook 2 cups of raw rice, that will give you enough for four easily. For easy cooking instructions on getting fluffy Rice every time: follow this link
3. Put a cup of frozen mixed vegetables into a microwave jug. Cover with boiling water, microwave on high for five minutes or until tender, then drain
4. Put a fry pan on to heat up and reheat rice in a microwave safe dish for 2 minutes
5. Once pan is hot, add a teaspoon of oil to coat the pan or use a non stick spray. Add the rice and drained vegetables, then add a few drops of soy sauce for extra flavour and stir through. A few drops of Seasame Oil as well is also delicious.
6. Add the Egg Strips and gently stir into the mix - so as not to break the egg strips up too much. Serve and enjoy!
It tastes amazing the next day - if there is some left...
***Fried Rice offers a blank canvas of many possibilities for a super quick, easy meal***
Fried Rice...which is your favourite flavour?Love Steak..? for the Best Ever Perfectly Cooked Steak = follow this link:
Serves 4 Cooking Time: 7 minutes Cost: $3
1. Pour egg mixture into hot pan
2. Once set cut mixture in half
3. Top one half with grated cheese
4. Fold over the remaining half
5. Remove from pan – still on baking paper
6. Wait for cheese to melt from residual heat ( about 5 min)
7. Cut into pie wedges or fingers and serve warm
You can add a variety of flavour options with cheese including diced onions, ham, salami, thinly sliced tomatoes, mushrooms.
Use this to make a Bread Free pizza snack meal.