A-Z Blog Challenge: E
Eggs are one of Nature's wonder foods - a complete meal in a tiny package protected by a remarkable shell that is both fragile and hard at the same time. There are so many ways to cook eggs but have you ever wondered how they get those Egg Ribbons in fried rice? Well, wonder no more - Egg ribbons are super easy to make, very delicious, and versatile too, as the same recipe/method can be used to make other egg accompaniments.
Rose's Awesome Egg Ribbons:
- 3 eggs ( large ) or 4 eggs ( small )
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder ( mild )
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder ( use onion stock if you don't have this)
- Combine in a bowl and mix with a fork
- Line a fry pan with baking paper and put it on to preheat - pan needs to be hot
- More mixture over paper in the heated pan
- Leave to cook UNCOVERED for about 5 -7 minutes or until cooked and firm
- Then simply lift the paper out of the pan with the cooked egg mix on - No MESS!
- Using a paring knife slice the egg mixture in half, then quarters, then into ribbons (strips)
- use strips in fried rice or serve as a tasty snack.
For a cheesy, NO BREAD Pizza use this recipe.
1. Pour egg mixture into hot pan
2. Once set cut mixture in half
3. Top one half with grated cheese
4. Fold over the remaining half
5. Remove from pan – still on baking paper
6. Wait for cheese to melt from residual heat ( about 5 min)
7. Cut into pie wedges or fingers and serve warm
You can add a variety of flavour options with cheese including diced onions, ham, salami, thinly sliced tomatoes, mushrooms.
Link to my egg ribbon post and amazing fried rice recipe I hope you try and enjoy it, Rose