A-Z Blog Challenge: D
I recently discovered a way of using Dates that I had not thought of before. I was chatting to someone in the supermarket and this lady shared a titbit of information with me. This is one of the most brilliant ways of using Dates I have heard of, due mainly to the sheer simplicity of preparing them.
- Place dates in the freezer - how simple is that!
- Dates don't go rock hard but get chewy like toffee caramels
- Place them in snap-lock bags and pop them into lunch boxes for the ultimate healthy, longer lasting, sweet treat.
- Works great for the movies - a handful of cool chewy frozen dates will last longer than a bucket of popcorn. Cheaper too!
Into a blender add:
- 6 frozen dates
- one banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 weet-bix (or 1 cup of any wheat based cereal)
- 3 cups milk