A-Z Blog Challenge: C
Corn on the Cob:
There is something primitive, old worldly and soothing, about seeing a plate of corn on the cob on the dinning table - especially when it sits atop of a gingham tablecloth. Even the thought of that scene of this provokes memories of family gatherings, picnics at the beach, and happy laughing children. Finger food at it's best - no utensils used here and corn forks were mysterious implements that only 'posh folk' used.
Now, corn on the cob is a popular as ever and even easier to prepare - 3 -4 minutes in the Microwave!
Rose's best ever Corn on the Cob Recipe:
Fresh unpeeled corn cob - generally one per person
- Place one corncob inside a plastic bag
- Roll the bag around the cob to form a sausage shape.
- Place rolled up bag inside the microwave - the weight of the corn cob on the bag will keep it rolled up while cooking
- Cook on High for 3 minutes (small) or 4 minutes (large cob)
- Use Tongs to remove the bag from Microwave - extremely hot!
- Remove husk from corn under cold running water or in a large bucket of cold water - corn will still be very hot, even after this is done - the cold water just stops you feeling the heat...
- Place corn on paper towel to dry, season with salt/pepper, serve
Corn is still crunchy, and super delicious just as it is - no butter required...unless of course you wish to add it. ☻Enjoy, Rose