A-Z Blog Challenge: H
Actually this post was supposed to happen last night but thanks to a power outage it is happening today instead - such is life, right...
A Vegetarian Hamburger that is super delicious and easy to make - actually it is the quickest 'Hamburger' ever created. I hate the term Vegeburger - somehow it implies an inferior product and a gourmet Vegetarian Burger is far from it! This burger has the Substance (decent size to sink your teeth in) of a meaty burger and the rich decadence of a true gourmet meal.
- 1 Hamburger Bun
- Lettuce - Whole leaf, any type
- Tomato - Sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon Onion marmalade/chutney - Available at most supermarkets
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 125gm Camembert or Brie Cheese
- Seasoning - Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice Hamburger bun and lightly toast the inner sides
- Smear Tomato Sauce and Onion Marmalade on both sides of toasted hamburger bun
- Add Lettuce and Tomato slices to Hamburger bun Bottom and season with salt and Pepper
- Place Cheese into the Microwave for 10 - 15 seconds ( do this in stages - start with 10 seconds then lightly squeeze the cheese - if it feels Soft and slightly gooey - that is Perfect! If it still feels firm give it another 5 seconds then check again. You DON'T want the cheese RUNNY Inside
- Place Warm Cheese on top of the Lettuce and Tomato
- Add more tomato sauce / onion chutney if desired
- Finish with hamburger top, press down lightly, and ENJOY!