A-Z Blog Challenge: M
Mince is one of those meals - you know; cheap to buy, quick to cook, and a total life savour when you are caught short. Add a few spuds to a pot of mince and feed 'unexpected' mouths. Been there done that !
My biggest issue is with the Mince Packs - they are too big for two people, and buying loose Mince is expensive. I came up with a solution that works for me and I want to share this.
I buy Any size mince pack I want then as soon as I get home I unwrap it and cut the raw mince into roughly $2 portions - ie If the pack is $6 divide it into three, if $5 divide into 2 portions - a large $12 pack divide into 6 portions. Place each portion into a separate freezer bag and pull out only what you need for a meal - Great for students, Mince is a super easy food to prepare - a meal in minutes!
Rose's Italian Mince in a Moment:
- Tomato Puree or Paste - 1 tablespoon per person
- Mince - Use one $2 portion per person
- Tasty Cheese grated - 1/3 a cup finely grated cheese per person
- Italian Herb dried mix - 1 teaspoon per person - gives it that lovely 'Italian' aroma and flavour
- Heat a saucepan, brown mince for a few minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in Italian Herbs and Tomato Puree
- Add 1/2 the cheese - stir in gently - the cheese will melt and add a creamy texture and flavour
- Serve mince and top with the left over cheese for a extra flavour hit
- Enjoy - you are good to go - a Delicious Meal in under 10 minutes!
Rose's Italian Mince in a Moment is fantastic the next day - the flavours are enhanced and if you serve this with pasta you can feed 6 people with minimum fuss, effort and cost!
This mixture also freezes brilliantly - a great standby for dinner needed in a hurry. Reheat in the microwave in the time it takes to get ready to go out....