A-Z Blog Challenge: S
Summer wouldn't be summer without fresh strawberries, they are a family favourite. Delicious on their own or served with fresh cream, yoghurt, or dipped in chocolate for the ultimate romantic indulgence...
I created an easy dessert with strawberries as the star with spicy accompaniments.
Rose's Spice it up Strawberries: serves 4-6
- 3x 250gm Punnets of fresh strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Sugar - the raw sugar gives the strawberries more of a caramel flavour
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder or 2 Tablespoons Drinking Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Honey - melt hard honey in the microwave for approx 10 seconds
- Hull and half each strawberry - quarter larger strawberries
- Place chopped pieces into a 2 litre container - a reusable ice cream container is perfect for this
- Mmmm...looks good already But wait till you add the other ingredients !! They turn this into sensational!
- Add the Raw Sugar to the strawberries and stir through gently with a spoon to coat each piece. The sugar helps release the juices that will form the syrup.
- Add the Ginger and Chocolate and stir through gently, at this stage it already smells fantastic.
- Add the Melted Honey and stir that through.
- Put the lid on and place container into the fridge overnight. That's it - easy - peasy !!
- Next day...you will end up with this delicious spicy syrup along with the marinated strawberry pieces.
- Serves 4 as is with a dollop of cream
- or will stretch to 6 with a scoop of ice cream
- ** For a fancy touch - grate some chocolate over the cream or ice cream for effect **