A - Z Blog Challenge: T
Tomato Sauce is one of those ingredients I always have in my fridge - it is so useful in a variety of ways and substitutes for tomato flavour when I don't have any tomatoes or puree at home.
- I use it in mince - not only to add flavour but as a combining agent
- Add tomato sauce to curries, casseroles and stews for a Moroccan / Mediterranean flavour hit.
- Add mixed herbs and tomato sauce to sausage meat to create sensational meat patties
My favourite marinade for chicken pieces is made with Tomato Sauce
Recipe: Rose's Tommy-Sauce Chicken Pieces serves 4-6
- 4-6 Chicken pieces
- 500gm plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika - smoked or sweet adds extra flavour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - adds a terrific colour to the marinade
- Rub marinade all over the chicken pieces, massaging the marinade into the pieces to get maximum flavour, then leave 24 hours. Turning chicken a couple of times in the marinade.
- Place chicken in to a casserole dish and cook the chicken in the oven at 200°C for 30 – 40 minutes.
- I like my chicken to be 'falling of the bone' - in other words I don't take chances with chicken and always make sure it is thoroughly cooked all the way through. Undercooked chicken is a NO-NO!