A-Z Blog Challenge: U
Udon noodles are thick, white noodles from Japan and they often used in soups and stews. Udon noodles resemble spaghetti, and come in different widths. The noodles are cooked similar to pasta in boiling salted water. I get the twin 2x 200gm pack and use them together or separately as required.
Here is my easy 5 minute Udon Noodle recipe
Rose's 5 minute Udon Noodle meal serves 1-2 people
- 1 200gm Udon Noodles
- 2 cup-a-soup sachets of a vegetable soup
- Spring onion -diced for garnish
- 2.5 (2.1/2) cups of boiling water
- In a small saucepan - place soup sachets, boiling water and noodles
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes till noodles are heated through
- Serve and garnish with diced spring onion
Delicious on a cold evening, quick & hearty for when you get home from work!