A-Z Blog Challenge: V
Derived from the French "vin aigre" meaning sour wine, vinegar is made by bacterial activity that converts fermented liquids (wine, beer, cider) into a weak solution of acetic acid = derived from booze so it has to be good, right! (wink-wink)
For a easy party starter that is a bit different, Try refreshing, delicious Vinegary Cucumber Roll-ups
Rose's Vinegary Cucumber Roll-ups: Perfect party starter - easy prep, made in advance, refrigerated
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup Malt brown vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Slice the Cucumber thinly Lengthways using a vege peeler, a Mandolin Slicer will make this easier
- Sprinkle slices with salt - leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse salt off, place slices between clean cloths or paper towels and press down to get moisture out
- Place rest of ingredients into a medium bowl to form the Cucumber marinade
- Roll up each slice into a tight roll, then apply a tooth pick to hold in place
- Place then into the marinade, turning at regular intervals to ensure even flavour.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour - I make then in advance and get them out when required, so easy.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve on a hot summer day - Men love this with cold beer - works with bubbly too Girls!